Recipe provided by Chef Melanie Hammericksen, Double 8 Cattle Company Contributor
- 1 Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Flat Iron Steak
- 1 Yellow Peach (diced and peeled)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Shallots or Red Onion (minced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 3 OZ Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 LB Fresh Cherries, (stemmed, pitted, and halved)
- 1 Fresh Fresno Chili or Red Jalapeño (thinly sliced crosswise and minced) (Use 1/2 of a pepper for less spice/heat.)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
PREPARING THE CHERRY AND PEACH SALSA
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped cilantro, 1/2 cup of minced shallots, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 1/2 pound of pitted and cut cherries, diced yellow peach, minced Fresno chili, minced garlic cloves, and grapeseed oil in a medium bowl.
Season salsa lightly with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Set the bowl aside to let the flavors and juices meld.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS FOR FULLBLOOD WAGYU FLAT IRON STEAK
Lightly coat the Fullblood Wagyu flat iron steak with grapeseed oil, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Let the steak sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes before placing on the grill.
Heat your grill to high.
Place seasoned Fullblood Wagyu flat iron steak on hot grill.
Grill on both sides for 5-10 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness.
Let the steak rest for 10 minutes, cut it in thin slices against the grain, and serve with cherry and peach salsa. Enjoy!