Recipe provided by Chef Melanie Hammericksen, Double 8 Cattle Company Contributor
- 1 Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Inside Skirt Steak (cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices against the grain)
- Kosher Salt (to season)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season)
- 3/4 CUP Soy Sauce
- 1/3 CUP Hoisin Sauce
- 1 1/2 TBSP Garlic Chile Paste
- 3 TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 TBSP Ginger (minced)
- 2 TBSP Garlic (minced)
- 3 TBSP Cilantro Leaves (minced)
- 2 TBSP Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Bunch Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 6 OZ Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 LB Asparagus (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 Zucchini (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper (julienned)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (julienned)
- 6 OZ Broccoli Florets
- 6 OZ Cauliflower Florets
- 3 Carrots (peeled and sliced into thin diagonal pieces)
- 1 CUP Jasmine Rice
- 2 CUP Water
- 2 TSP Kosher Salt
PREPARING THE STIR FRY
Season the Fullblood Wagyu inside skirt steak with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Slice the steak against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, chile paste, hoisin, cornstarch, minced ginger, minced garlic, and sliced scallions (this is your soy sauce mixture).
In a large wok over high heat, heat the grapeseed oil until shimmering (for about 1 minute).
Add the cut Fullblood Wagyu inside skirt steak to the wok. Cook for 3 minutes, while stirring, until the meat is browned.
Remove the beef from the wok, and set aside.
Add the carrots and asparagus to the wok, and cook (moving constantly) for 5 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
Add the julienned bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, and cauliflower. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the beef back in, as well as the soy sauce mixture. Cook until the cornstarch thickens, usually takes around 2-3 minutes.
PREPARING THE JASMINE RICE
Pour 1 cup of rice, kosher salt, and water into a medium-size sauce pot.
Bring up to a simmer, and cover pot with a tight fitting lid. Cook until the water is evaporated (usually takes 20 minutes).
Remove from heat, and let steam keep the rice warm until it’s ready to be served.
Place the cooked jasmine rice in a bowl or on a plate.
Place the Fullblood Wagyu inside skirt steak stir fry over the jasmine rice.
Garnish with minced cilantro leaves.
Serve, and enjoy!